Science Odyssey is a 10-day national celebration of discovery and innovation that engages and inspires Canadians of all ages with activities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Laurier is participating in Science Odyssey for the first time this year. The Waterloo campus will host a full day of family-friendly, hands-on science activities.
Events will include pre-registered and drop-in activities. Full details can be found on the Science Odyssey page. Highlights include:
- Chances to meet Sara and Rita, Canada’s first full-sized synthetic cadavers that look and feel real.
- Testing foam planes with different wing shapes to learn about aerodynamics.
- Learning about great women scientists through paintings and accompanying demonstration stations.
- Building simple water filters to learn about water treatment methods.
- Teen workshops to explore aquatic ecosystems and invertebrates.
- Tours of the state-of-the-art research facilities at the Centre for Cold Regions and Water Science.