March 23–27, the Mental Health Advisory Committee is hosting Gratitude Week over social media. Instead of in-person stick note gratitude walls across campus like usual, this year it is all over social media. Follow @LaurierWellness on Instagram to share what you are grateful for in times like these, and take a look at what others are grateful for as well!
Benefits of gratitude on your well-being:
- Lowers stress levels which can lead to fewer aches, pains, and headaches
- Reduces toxic emotions and replaces with positive expression of emotions
- Enhances empathy and sensitivity
- Improves sleep through use of gratitude journals
- Improves self-esteem and self-awareness
- Improves social relationships by expressing gratitude to each other