February 14, 15 and 16, 2017
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This workshop is about financial management and financial resiliency. Participants will gain competence in financial literacy and understanding of basic financial tools. Complexities of budgeting in non-profit organizations will be addressed. In addition to planning budgets and managing revenues and expenses, there will also be a focus on generating revenues from diverse sources – government, philanthropic and entrepreneurial.
Participants in this workshop can expect to:
- Recognize the relationship between successful resource management and development and strong leadership, vision and strategic plans.
- Recognize the relationship between demonstrated outcomes and resource development.
- Understand basic financial reports – cash flows, profit and loss statements, balance sheets and audited financial reports.
- Understand basics of Canadian non-profit and charitable laws and reporting requirements.
- Understand the essentials of budget planning.
- Identify diverse sources of revenue – government and philanthropic, as well as entrepreneurial and earned revenues.
- Gain insight into differential strategies for approaching various funders.
- Improve skills in writing grant proposals.
- Evaluate the role of special fundraising events.
For more information, visit the Management and Leadership Certificate page.