|Start Date and Time||Event Details||Event Organizer(s)
|All Day ||LIFT Exhibition Series: Unobstructed Beauty (Multi-Day Event)|
This year, the LIFT series features three female painters from the Waterloo Region: Lauren Judge, Marion R. Anderson, and Anne Filiatrault. Each artist shares a narrative that invites viewers to reflect on how we perceive and experience our surrounding environment.
The LIFT microgalleries are located on floors 4-6 of the Waterloo campus Library.
|LibraryRobert Langen GalleryRobert Langen Gallery
|All Day ||Art Exhibition - From the Ground Up: Learning in place (Multi-Day Event)|
Yellow Brick Wall
Featured artist November 6th - December 20th; Arlene Laskey
|All Day ||Tree of Warmth Collection (Multi-Day Event)|
Support the community with warmth through the Salvation Army Tree of Warmth.
From Dec. 1 through Dec. 15, winter hats, scarves, gloves, mittens and socks of all sizes can be dropped off to donation bins in the following locations:
- SC Johnson Building lobby, Brantford campus
- Research Academic Centre lobby, Brantford campus
- Alumni Hall, Waterloo campus
- Teaching and Learning Centre, room 294, 202 Regina Street, Waterloo
- Communications, Public Affairs and Marketing, room 301, 255 King St., Waterloo
Donations will be delivered on Dec. 18 and 19 by the Salvation Army.
|End Time 5:00 PM ||Holiday Market (Multi-Day Event)|
Kick off the festive holiday season by joining us in the Robert Langen Art Gallery for our annual holiday market, where you will be able to see the talented work of the Laurier community!
Featuring the work of Catherine Dennis, Cathy Farwell, Anne Filiatrault, Rick Henderson, Jack Jackowetz, Laurie Minor, Amy Neufeld, Justin Ogilvie, Christina Perris, Anne Schott, Eekta Trienekens, and Jasmin Zine.
|8:30 AM - 11:30 AM ||Career Centre Workshops|
The Career Development Centre will be offering all workshops on Thursday, December 7 and Friday, December 8. These workshops will allow you to start exploring careers and gain insight about strategies for job search and employment preparation. Attend any or all of the workshops that match your interests and fit your schedule.
Thursday, Dec. 7
- Career Planning, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Resumé Writing, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Cover Letter Writing, 10:30 – 11 a.m.
- Job Search and Networking Strategies, 11 a.m. – noon
- Interview Success, noon – 1 p.m.
- LinkedIn: Build Your Profile 1 – 2 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 8
- Transferable Skills: Articulate Your Experiences, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Network with Confidence: Perfect Your Pitch, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Workplace Expectations: Be Prepared, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Workshop descriptions are available on the Career Centre's Certificate and Workshops page on students.wlu.ca.
Earn your Career Development Certificate by attending six workshops – Career Planning, Resumé Writing, Cover Letter Writing, Job Search and Networking Strategies, Interview Success and LinkedIn Build Your Brand.
Attending Transferable Skills: Articulate Your Experiences, Network with Confidence: Perfect Your Pitch and Workplace Expectations: Be Prepared will count towards completing the Engagement and Employability Certificate.
To register your attendance for workshops, log in at navigator.wlu.ca and find the workshops located in the event calendar.