|Start Date and Time||Event Details||Event Organizer(s)
|All Day ||LIFT Exhibition Series: Unobstructed Beauty (Multi-Day Event)|
This year, the LIFT series features three female painters from the Waterloo Region: Lauren Judge, Marion R. Anderson, and Anne Filiatrault. Each artist shares a narrative that invites viewers to reflect on how we perceive and experience our surrounding environment.
The LIFT microgalleries are located on floors 4-6 of the Waterloo campus Library.
|LibraryRobert Langen GalleryRobert Langen Gallery
|All Day ||Art Exhibition - From the Ground Up: Learning in place (Multi-Day Event)|
Yellow Brick Wall
Featured artist November 6th - December 20th; Arlene Laskey
|All Day ||Tree of Warmth Collection (Multi-Day Event)|
Support the community with warmth through the Salvation Army Tree of Warmth.
From Dec. 1 through Dec. 15, winter hats, scarves, gloves, mittens and socks of all sizes can be dropped off to donation bins in the following locations:
- SC Johnson Building lobby, Brantford campus
- Research Academic Centre lobby, Brantford campus
- Alumni Hall, Waterloo campus
- Teaching and Learning Centre, room 294, 202 Regina Street, Waterloo
- Communications, Public Affairs and Marketing, room 301, 255 King St., Waterloo
Donations will be delivered on Dec. 18 and 19 by the Salvation Army.
|8:00 PM - 10:00 PM ||Laurier Symphony Orchestra Concert|
Join our Symphony Orchestra as they hit the stage under the baton of conductor Daniel Warren.
Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Overture to Candide, Leonard Bernstein
- “What a curse for a woman is a timid man” from The Old Maid and the Thief
Gian Carlo Menotti
- Ballade for Flute, Piano and Strings, Frank Martin
Violin Concerto, Op. 14, Samuel Barber
- Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman, Joan Tower
- Appalachian Spring, Aaron Copland